The recipe for corn bread originated in ancient times, and eating cornbread (in Serbian: proja) with various additions, represented one of the basic food courses. In any case, you must consider corn bread as a main dish for breakfast or dinner, which is a much healthier course of industrial manufactured and mueslis.
Serbian corn bread – Ingredients
- 4 Egg
- 400 grams of Cheese
- 200 milliliters of Sunflower oil
- 2 cups of Yogurt
- 1 cup of White wheat all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of Yellow corn flour
- 1 cup of Whole-grain yellow corn flour
- 10 grams of Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Table salt
Serbian corn bread – Description
- Into the deep court, add all three types of flour (white wheat, corn and polenta). Then add the baking powder. With a spoon or spatula, stir well, to get all the flour and baking powder equalize.
- Use the other court to whisk eggs.
- In order to get the mass of flour add oil, stirring it by food processor on low speed. When all ingredients get equalized, you can add the beaten eggs. Also, add salt. Continue mixing on low speed few minutes more.
- Now you can add cheese (bigger or smaller pieces – how you wish).
- The mass put into deep pan prepared for baking.
- Corn bread bake in preheated oven at 200 C, between 20 and 30 minutes (depending on it thickness).